Oxmarket Gallery Director Job description
As a self-funding gallery we have very limited resources to meet the Board’s priorities and plans so a new position has been created. The new structure will consist of an Executive Board and Chair, a Gallery Director and Exhibition Manager with book keeping and volunteer support.
Job title Oxmarket Gallery Director
Reports Chair of Board of Directors
Responsible for the direction and coordination of the Gallery. Working towards agreed Board priorities. Responsible with the Board for growth and profitability, expense control, staff management and supervision.
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Strategically lead with the Chair the Gallery through a period of significant building works and change.
• Raise Gallery’s profile using print, radio television and social media effectively.
• Act as a spokesperson and ambassador to the Gallery.
• Ensure a proactive approach to attracting quality exhibitors and increase income.
• Manage number of volunteers ensuring sufficient cover.
• Manage staff and appraisals.
• Manage Gallery’s resources and operations cost effectively and within budget.
• Assist on Capital Fund raising campaign for Gallery refurbishment.
• Evaluating and renewal of suppliers and advisers bi-annually.
• Support Accountants and Treasurer to ensure tight financial controls and reporting.
• Manage and direct website upgrade and introduction of sales through it.
• Such other tasks as may be allocated from time to time.
Requirements/ Skills & Experience
Strong track record of managing existing and potential suppliers, projects and services. For example architects and building contractors.
Track record and knowledge and experience of grant and loan applications.
Track record of leadership and managing staff.
Track record of website upgrades and maintenance.
Positive client and visitor facing attitude.
Location The Oxmarket Gallery Package; Salary £30,000 to £35,000 Free Car parking and pension Apply to Sophie@oxmarket.com